Wednesday, June 29, 2011

me! an interview as a multi-media organic artist.



A Page of my Sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project ~2012
THE INTERVIEW! THE BUZZ
Q: Are you a professional artist?
A: No way! I am a homegrown organic artist. My mom was an amazing artist and painted with oils. I learned by watching her. My Great Aunt June and Great Grandmother were also born with paintbrushes and were very creative. My uncle is an award winning woodcarver. So, I guess it's in my DNA. ;) I have the utmost respect for the professionals in the field and look up to them. Some people are truly amazing at what they can create! I don't see myself as a pro. I just have fun with it.

Q: What types of medium do you use in your creations?
A:  I love creating multi-media pictures. I use all kinds of scrap paper, magazine clippings, newspaper, watercolors, acrylic paints, markers, crayons, colored pencils, cloth, stamps..You name it, it's probably in my creations. My favorite element to add are vintage papers from 1940 and 50's editions of the Saturday Evening Posts. I like the look of the colors and the feel of the paper.

Q: What's your current project?
A: Currently, I am working on my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project of 2012-Brooklyn, N.Y. Also, I am drawing the pictures for my Children's Book which will be self-published in 2012! I'm very excited about this. In addition, I am also creating projects for my teaching. I love to spark my student's imaginations! It's so exciting!

Q: Why do you draw and write?
A: Drawing and writing is a time for me to get into my zone. It is something that I have always done! My parents remember me spending hours drawing and writing. I used to decorate my room constantly and create oodles of faux bulletin boards in my bedroom.  I carry my passion for creating into my classroom and with my 5 year old son.

The next person that I would love to interview and blog about is you! Send me a message if you would like to be interviewed about your talents. ;) Just leave me a comment in the comment section and say, "Buzz Me" 


Artfully yours,

1 comment:

  1. I love getting to know people! Thanks for the Q and A session. I also love being creative. It is so important to my well being!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete

I read every sweet comment and thank you for enjoying boston bee. health, love, creativity, and happiness to you ;)Alyssa