Friday, July 9, 2010

new flea finds!


Yesterday I found some great things...
"Do you happen to have any old windows in your barn?" I asked.
"Of course!  What size?" replied the Post and Boot Man
"A nice white one!  I don't care what size," said Alyssa trying not to jump out of her flip flops.


Minutes later I received this for $5.00!
That is a piece of a flower stalk underneath it.  Not a snake!  YIKES!  That would scare me too! That window is going to go where that ugly electrical outlet is pictured below.  I have to do some of my craftiness magic...Hope you stay tuned to see what I do here!
I also found this bitty bench below from the Post and Boot Man and some awesome, awesome cabinets that he handcrafts himself with vintage windows (no pics of that, sorry :(,  "OH MY GOSH!"  is all I have to say!  I'm going back next week on my way to Brimfield!  Did I say Brimfield?  Yes, I did!!!  Woohooo!!!


I found this cute flower display holder as well.  I could have stayed all day and chit chatted with the Post and Boot Man ( a retired teacher).  I am a 3rd grade teacher so "us" teachers have the knack of chit chatting. ;)  
Window, window on the lawn...Come back soon and see what I do...*sparkle* ;)Alyssa

5 comments:

  1. Wow...what a great score Alyssa! LOVE the window. I can't wait to see what you do with it, but I like it just the way it is, too! I would love to see more of that room you're going to put it in. It looks lovely. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs ~ Jo :)

    P.S. Just wanted to let you know how much I've appreciated your visits and sweet comments! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds! Great job :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that window.
    You're so inspiring .
    Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am most intrigued Boston Bee...
    I can't wait to see....

    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyssa,
    You're such a sweetie for visting as often as you do and taking the time to leave such nice comments! I so appreciate it!! :)
    In regards to your question, that wreath is made with some sort of a green berry and grapevine as the base. I bought it at Target years ago. Their wreaths haven't been that wonderful as of late, though.
    Have a beautiful day!
    Hugs ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every sweet comment and thank you for enjoying boston bee. health, love, creativity, and happiness to you ;)Alyssa