Wednesday, March 14, 2012

right now I'm...

Ignoring the dirty dishes in the sink and the laundry that needs to be put into the dryer and taking some ME time to share the bliss. I have just...


1. Run my first 5K in 33 minutes this past Sunday!!! Totally happy about this and LOVE running now!!! I used to ski this distance a ton, but something about being 36 and running it was BIG for me! I've also lost 13 pounds and counting along the way so...YAY! I'm a RUNNER!


2. I registered for my first Squam Online Workshop. I can't make it to Squam Arts Retreat (Squam Lake, NH) because I'll be teaching, soooooo I treated myself to an online workshop taught by Alena Hennessy, who has done work for Target and ABC Studios (to name a few). This is a limited workshop and I got in! Loving it! I can't wait to start! Can ya sense my excitement?  I have my supply list ready to shop at C.C. Lowell. :)

3. Will be meeting with a published children's author for a small workshop at the end of the month. I get to bring my supplies and pick brains and all that fun stuff!
4. Also, next month I will be teaching a workshop with two other talented teachers from my school at a MA Reader's Conference. So exciting!

I'm not writing this to brag, so please take heart. I have had my up's and down's along the way and sometimes I felt like I was just going around in a circle...see pic. above! The same path over and over. It tends to happen to right brained people. But, when the time is right and in odd ways that I can't describe, all of the pieces start to fall into place. I say let the spirit move you and do what you love! Take a class and learn something new. Treat yourself, be aware and go with it.

Now to the dishes, don't love those...ARG!!!

1 comment:

  1. "when the time is right and in odd ways... all of the pieces start to fall into place" -- i really really like that line and i will keep that in mind! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I read every sweet comment and thank you for enjoying boston bee. health, love, creativity, and happiness to you ;)Alyssa