Wednesday, July 24, 2013

part 2. patterns and things {more of my home}

I love yellow, white and gray together and when I saw this shower curtain I snatched it up! It makes me happy in the a.m. when I'm tired and groggy.

I repainted the mudroom the other day. This is a very tiny mudroom that is actually on the side of my house, which is not used unless going in and out of the backyard. Due to the location of this room, people walk bang straight into my living room when they come in, but this space needed an uplift and deserved some attention. I painted it a dark grayish-purple- a color I made by mixing Sherwin Williams paints. I needed something darker to hide the fingerprints and paw prints. I found the vertical canvas at Wal-Mart on sale and I loved the saying. It's us!

Yup. I have birch tree art in my living room. Am I crazy? We LOVE birch trees and I bought this at the Vintage Bazaar, where my business, The Flea Circus had a booth. I saw it and said, "Sold to me!" It's our family tree. 

{BELOW IS YOUR COMMERCIAL BREAK AND REALITY CHECK} 
Oh, and see all of this laundry. This is why my house is not in a magazine. I hate doing laundry so much! I let it pile up until it turns into the Eiffel Tower of laundry. Yes, I did eventually get to folding it and putting it away, but I hate it so. 

More of my Family Tree in my living room and a glimpse of the mantle. 
Below:
The vintage frame below was an ugly, dingy brown when I found it, but I spiffied it up into a yellow gold, then I spray painted the green frame and found a vintage "F" from an old sign from a building and hung it in the middle. F-Foy F-Family (we have fun with this one...) This wall is adjacent to the tree wall.

A boxwood wreath hangs in my living room. I love the way it looks with the burlap lampshade and funky curtains. Curtains-Target. Boxwood-Local Boutique and Lampshade-WalMart

That's it for now folks! Hope you enjoyed Part 2. Until Part 3. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every sweet comment and thank you for enjoying boston bee. health, love, creativity, and happiness to you ;)Alyssa