Thursday, July 14, 2011

may i tempt your recycling palette?

I got all of these items for FREE!!! Yes, FREE!!! at The Recycle Center-Woohoo! I'm so excited!

Vintage Mason Jars lined up like soldiers prepared for duty...
                                         Hanging baskets, a cutting board (that I will clean and use for display), a vintage thermos, milkglass vases...
Maps from 1976 and vintage dress patterns, envelopes,
Oodles of fresh cut ribbon
My dream-CONTAINERS!
Magazines! 
This was a very good day of FREENESS!
Did I mention I had 4 kids in tow?

Recyclable Art Show!

My head is spinning from all of this creativity!

What 4 kids (my 2 nieces, 1 nephew, and my son) can do after a trip to The Recycle Center
They were given a plastic bag by me and I said, "GO!"
They said, "This is all FREE!?!"
After collecting their goods-From cardboard to fabric to a wooden shelf and a plastic penguin
we all headed back to my home where a large table awaited them. I said, "CREATE"


With belts, a free bag, bottlecaps. pins, and a plastic bead necklace we have a
NEW POCKETBOOK! 
Below: A new teckdeck ramp for those mini skateboards

Now, it's my turn to create! I can't wait! ;)


5 comments:

  1. What lucky kids to have you teaching them the joys of recycling and creativity. This sounds like a glorious day, and what amazing finds and results. It (almost) makes me wish I had kids around to play with, but all mine are thousands of miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! HOW FUN AND FANCY FREE IS THAT? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a haul. I love the kid projects. That's a great idea to give them a plastic bag with goodies and see what they come up with. I'll have to borrow that for the classroom.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh a girl after my own heart! I love the dump or recycling center ha. I have gotten so many wonderful things there.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention that I love the mason jars...I need to keep my eyes peeled for some...they remind me of Nana's yummy indian relish! xo Thinking they would be pretty filled with seashells and sand from Maine! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read every sweet comment and thank you for enjoying boston bee. health, love, creativity, and happiness to you ;)Alyssa